There are thousands of individuals who are consistently learning about the way Kratom can help them or the people around them, but they have questions about how best to use the powder.
We here at GLAKratom and Good Life Advanced realize you can't just always Toss and Wash your Kratom (See #1). Some people cannot stand the flavor of kratom, so we've done our best to research ways to cover up that taste.
In this article, we are going to give you some helpful ideas how to incorporate Kratom into your daily routine, while keeping it at an effective dose.
What's and Who's About Kratom
First off though, we want to give a small description of Kratom for the new users.
Mitragyna Speciosa (Usually referred to as Kratom) is a tropical evergreen tree that is related to the coffee family native to Southeast Asia. This leaf has been used since at least the nineteenth century, being used in traditional medicines. The Kratom tree thrives in a hot and humid climate, which explains why their are certain regions (JongKong and Ketapang) where harvested Kratom turns out to be some of the strongest in Indonesia.
The Kratom tree is harvested by picking the leaves, drying the leaves, achieving a specific vein color in the process. Everyone generally has a favorite strain color, some of them blends, and some of them just the original leaf. Even new, you will start to prefer a specific color.
How To Use Kratom Powder and Kratom Recipes
When you make your purchase through GLAKratom, you'll realize it comes in an air sealed bag and in powder form.
In this form, you can take Kratom in many different variations.
#1 - Toss and Wash
Tossing and Washing is one of the more popular ways to consume Kratom.
This is the method that can be the hardest on some people, as you get hit with the dry powder and the full flavor at once.
You take your desired dose, toss it into the back of your throat, and quickly wash it down with a drink of your choice.
The Toss and Wash method is a fantastic way to get your dose efficiently and effectively, as fast as possible.
Tip: There is an edible film you can purchase on Amazon for easy consumption (Oblate Discs). This helps to mask the taste of the Kratom powder, making it more pleasant.
#2 Kratom Tea and Mixing With Your Favorite Drinks
One of the more easier ways to consume Kratom and my personal favorite method is by mixing the powder into your favorite beverages.
Here's just a couple of ways to make your own Kratom tea;
- Add 5-10 grams of powdered leaves in a small amount of hot water and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes.
- Add black or herbal tea and sugar or honey for taste.
A paste-like extract can be prepared by lengthy boiling of fresh or dried leaves. This can be stored for later use. Small pellets of this extract (which is also sold as such in various shops) can be swallowed, or it can be dissolved in hot water and consumed as a tea. Some people like to mix kratom tea with ordinary black tea, or other herbal teas, before it is consumed. This is done to make it more palatable. Sugar or honey can be added to sweeten it.
Another proven method is making a liquid tea-like extract. Following is a basic recipe found on the internet:
- Take 50 grams of dried, crushed kratom leaves and put into a pot. To this add 1 liter of water.
- Boil gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the liquid.
(squeeze the leaves in the strainer to get most of the liquid out).
- Put the leaves back in the pot and add another liter of fresh water. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
(after the leaves have been strained a second time, they can be discarded.)
- Put the combined liquid from both boilings back into the pot and boil until the volume is reduced to about 100 ml.
A couple of Reddit users have shared their preferred way to make Kratom tea;
- Reddit User ghoooooooooost: I recommend making this at night before bed. It will be ready for you in the morning.
- 1 cup water
- 1 spearmint teabag
- 1 chamomile teabag
- 2 teaspoons kratom
- sugar, honey or artificial sweetener to taste
- 1 teapot (I use something like this)
Double/triple/etc. the quantities to make a bigger batch.
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Put both teabags and kratom in the teapot and pour boiling water over top.
- Let it steep for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove teabags.
- Put teapot in fridge and let it sit overnight. Kratom will settle to the bottom.
- In the morning, slowly pour the tea into a glass. Be sure to stop pouring once you notice the plant matter is about to come out of the spout. There will be a layer of kratom sludge left in the teapot—just dump it down the sink.
- Sweeten tea and drink! (I like to use two packets of Sweet’N Low.)
Reddit User ThinkinBig shares his cold brew recipe
- Measure dose and add to a large water bottle (I use a shaker bottle).
- Squeeze the juice of 1 large lemon into the Kratom leaves
- Let sit for 30-45 Minutes
- Fill the bottle to desired level with HOT water (I generally fill to the top)
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 12 hours (The longer, the better, I find that 36 hours is the max before the results are extremely bitter).
- Strain out the leaves
- Add sugar or honey to taste!
There are many other drinks you can add Kratom to, to mask the flavor, some of the more popular ones include;
#3 Creating Dishes out of Kratom
You can always make dishes out of Kratom, including it into your favorite foods!
Kratom however has a strong flavor, so some foods do not mix well with the taste.
Here's one of many recipes that can be found online, share with us your recipes to post!
Reddit User nicolio8699: writes about a yogurt mixture she enjoys
1/2 c vanilla yogurt (I used light & fit, but Greek would most likely be better because of its thicker consistency)
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 TBSP of powdered bali
Send us your information or comment on meals and drinks you use Kratom in, and we might post about it in the future!